- Rotational Speed 10,000 RPM (nominal)
- Buffer Size 32 MB
- Transfer Rate (Buffer To Disk) 204 MB/s (Sustained)
- Capacities - 300GB, 450GB, 600GB and 900 GB
- Interface SAS 6 Gb/s
- Form Factor 2.5-inch Drive
- 0.59" x 3.94" x 2.75"
- Weight 0.51 Pounds
- Operating Shock (Read) 65G, 2 ms
- Non-operating Shock 300G, 2 ms
- Idle Mode 30 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 0 37 dBA (average)
- Operating 41° F to 131° F
- Non-operating -40° F to 158° F
- Read/Write 7.80 Watts
- Idle 5.30 Watts
- MTBF - 2 million hours
- Five year warranty
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
Icy News: Western Digital S25 SAS Hard Drives Announced
Western Digital has announced the family of S25 SAS hard drives, their third generation. The S25 hard drives feature a 2.5" form factor, with 10,000 RPM spin speed, 32MB cache and SAS 6 Gb/s interface and delivers 204 MB/s transfer rates. The S25 comes in 300GB, 450GB and 600GB capacities, along with a new 900GB offering.
The W25 is highlighted not just by performance and capacity, but reliability as well. Western Digital offers a five year warranty with the S25 and a MTBF of 2 million hours. The S25 is also power friendly, taking down under 8 watts when active, and is the first to include support for T10 Protection Information (PI) for advanced data integrity, and the first to provide optional models that feature drive-level self-encryption that meets the Trusted Computing Group's specification for Enterprise Class A encryption.
WD S25 Specs
WD S25 hard drives are currently shipping to OEMs with general availability expected in the second quarter.
張貼者： ICY DOCK